Wired server" class="auto-link" target="_blank">access to the printer can be very stressful; that's why most people prefer a wireless print server. A parallel port is used in connecting computers, printers, and other devices. A wireless print network allows you to scan, print, and fax on any computer using windows from your network. A wireless print server can be connected to various devices without having to use cables. Thus a USB print server is a convenient and powerful tool and can share your USB printer to various networks without the hassle and cost of having many external hard drivers. A parallel port is used in connecting computers, printers, and other devices. A parallel port is a very useful well-connecting printer to Computers.
Top Rated Wireless Print Servers of November 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
Cisco-Linksys WPS54G Wireless-G 802.11g Print Server
- Share a printer with everyone on your network -- works with most USB 1.1 or 2.0 printers
- Connects your printer directly to the network by 10/100 wired Ethernet or 54 Mbps Wireless-G (802.11g)
- Prevents congestion on your PC with other users' print jobs
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
D-Link DP-G310 Wireless Print Server, USB 2.0 802.11g, 54Mbps
- Built-in 802.11g functionality with transfer rates up to 54Mbps
- Configure through Standard Web Browser application from anywhere on your network
- Front display panel features an array of diagnostic LED's
- Windows-based administrative program making set-up quick
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
StarTech.com 1-Port Wireless N USB 2.0 Network Print Server - 10/100 Mbps Ethernet USB Printer Server Adapter - Windows 10 - 802.11 b/g/n (PM1115UW), White
- EASY INSTALLATION: This wireless USB print server uses either a web-based interface, a Windows based installation wizard, and a WPS button for easy connection to your wireless network.
- SHARE A PRINTER: This compact wireless print server supports 802.11b/g/n wireless standards for functionality with almost any wireless network and offers an RJ45 port for 10/100 Mbps wired connections
- GREAT FOR ANY ENVIRONMENT: This USB print server adapter is the perfect printing solution. It’s ideal for home or small office applications, and places that require shared printing capabilities.
- Convenient setup options with Windows or web-based configuration
- USB 2.0 support
- Optional 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 LAN Port
- Compact, lightweight design with an internal antenna
- Supports SNMP for remote printer management - works with most SNMP based applications
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
DNP WPS Pro Wireless Print Server
- DNP WPS Pro Wireless Print Server - DNP 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Screen Size: 7" diagonal visible
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Touchscreen: 5-point capacitive multi-touch
- Windows: Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 or 64 bit)
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
HP Jetdirect EW2500 802.11G Print Server Hp Jetdirect EW2500 Print Server: Us-en
- Form Factor: External
- Port Type: 54 Mbps
- Interfaces/Ports: Wi-Fi - IEEE 802.11b/g
- Data Transfer Rate: 2400 MHz ISM Band
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
Lexmark 27X6410 Marknet N8372 Wireless Print Server
- Marknet N8372 (front Wi-Fi- FSM)
- Lexmark Marknet N8372 802 11 a/b/g/n/ac Wireless Print Server
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
StarTech.com 1-Port 10/100 Mbps Parallel Network Print Server - Fast Centronics Ethernet Printer Server Adapter - Windows 10 (PM1115P2),Beige
- 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: The Ethernet to Parallel Network Print Server lets you convert a standard parallel printer into a shared network printer over a 10/100Mbps network.
- EASY INSTALLATION: The parallel print server can have you up and running in minutes, using either a remote web-based interface or Windows based installation wizard.
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: This parallel print server works w/ Mac & Windows, including Windows 10. The print adapter also supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for remote monitoring.
- PRINT FROM ANYWHERE: This compact, lightweight Ethernet print server connects directly to the Centronics port on your printer, for a discreet solution that doesn’t require a cable between your printer and the device
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
X-MEDIA 1-Port 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Parallel Print Server, Parallel Port Network Print Server [XM-PS110P]
- Compatible with up to 230 printer models on the market
- Supports multi-protocol and multi-OS, easy to set up in almost all network environments
- Supports POST (Power On Self Test) and E-mail Alert, to help identify printing problems as soon as possible
- Simple setup and management, very easy to operate
A print server is also used to make it easy to use your network. Many server programs can be used as well. You can install a print server software locally or on a network file. Operating systems like windows, such as Windows 10, Linux, and Mac OS, can be used. Print servers allow connection to the local network instead of a single computer. Many devices, such as windows and Mac computers. Can access the printer. Printers with a built-in server are known as wireless printers or network printers. The printers may have a port to connect directly to a built-in Wi-Fi card or a LAN.
A wireless print server's importance is that it provides the ability to connect over despite the distance. Regardless of the physical location of the remote printer, you can access it.
How to make a printer wireless
The printer can be made wireless without using additional hardware. USB Network Gate is software specifically for converting a USB printer to wireless, and without any extra hardware tools, you can share over the internet. To use the remote printer effectively, it has to be installed on a remote and local computer. After installation, you can then launch the app and share your USB peripherals, manage them, and have easy access to their content from afar. USB Network Gate is well-suited with different operating systems. The software solution operates well with windows 10, Linux(you can find here https://ubuntuask.com/blog/best-usb-wifi-adapters-for-ubuntu-linux USB WiFi adapters for Ubuntu), Android OS, and Windows XP. The software will allow your computer to work as a client and as a device server without using any hardware server. USB Network Gate operates well whether it is used over the internet or a local server.
What is a wireless print server?
A web print server shares its USB interface over the network for every piece of equipment that gets inserted in the port get accessed by all network users. The devices remove the need to disconnect and connect the printer every time someone wants to use it on a different machine. A print server helps in connecting to a printer remotely. If the computers are connected to Wi-Fi, that's the best time to use a USB wireless server. The USB hardware of a print server with a wireless network is portable and can share a single printer with several other wireless network users. Users of the device can easily send print tasks at any time to a remote printer.
You can use the network print server by choosing the most suitable place for keeping the printer without worrying about the USB cable length.
How Does a Print Server Work?
A wireless print server operates over Wi-Fi by the use of a particular wireless module. Thus the users will not need the device to be connected to the network with extra cables. All you'll need to do is use a standard USB cord to connect the hardware to your printer. The network print server must also get connected to a power supply network before beginning to use it. There is a light indicator at the front of the device, and depending on the device status, the light can change into green when the server is active and red when in standby mode.