To install Python in Windows 10, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official Python website at python.org and go to the Downloads section.
- Scroll down and click on the "Python Releases for Windows" link.
- On the Python releases page, click on the "Latest Python 3 Release - Python x.x.x" link. (Replace 'x.x.x' with the latest version number)
- Scroll down to the Files section and click on the executable installer link that matches your system type (32-bit or 64-bit).
- A new page will open with a list of available installers. Scroll down and click on the "Windows x86-64 executable installer" if you have a 64-bit system or the "Windows x86 executable installer" if you have a 32-bit system.
- The installer file will start downloading.
- Once the download is complete, locate the installer file in your downloads folder and double-click on it.
- A security warning may appear. Click on "Run" to proceed.
- The Python installer window will open. Check the box that says "Add Python to PATH" and then click on "Install Now".
- The Python installation will begin. Wait for the progress bar to complete.
- On the Setup was successful screen, you will see a checkbox labeled "Disable path length limit". If you plan to work with long file paths, you can check this box, otherwise, leave it unchecked. Then click on "Close".
Python is now installed on your Windows 10 system. You can open a new command prompt window and type "python" to start the Python interpreter.
What are the minimum system requirements for installing Python on Windows 10?
The minimum system requirements for installing Python on Windows 10 are:
- A computer running Windows 10 with at least 1 GHz processor or faster.
- At least 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit).
- At least 16 GB of free hard disk space.
- A display screen with a resolution of at least 800x600 pixels.
- A compatible DirectX 9 graphics card or higher.
- Internet access to download and install Python.
Can I install Python using the Microsoft Store on Windows 10?
Yes, you can install Python using the Microsoft Store on Windows 10. Microsoft Store provides a simplified way to install and update Python on your system. Simply search for "Python" in the Microsoft Store app, select the appropriate version you want to install, and click on the "Get" or "Install" button to initiate the installation process.
Is Python pre-installed on Windows 10?
Yes, Python is not pre-installed on Windows 10 by default. However, starting from Windows 10 version 2004, there is an option to install Python from the Microsoft Store. You can also download and install Python from the official Python website.