To install Ghost on SiteGround, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your SiteGround cPanel.
- Navigate to the "Domains" section and click on "Subdomains".
- Create a new subdomain by entering a desired name in the "Subdomain" field and selecting your domain from the drop-down menu.
- Once the subdomain is created, go back to the cPanel home and locate the "Autoinstallers" section. Click on "WordPress".
- Choose the subdomain you created from the drop-down menu under "Choose Domain" and click on "Install".
- Provide the necessary details, such as the site name, admin username, and password.
- Click on "Install" to initiate the WordPress installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, you can access your WordPress site by navigating to the subdomain URL you created.
- To install Ghost, you will need to access your SiteGround account via FTP or File Manager. Locate the WordPress installation folder and navigate to the "wp-content" directory.
- Inside the "wp-content" directory, create a new folder named "themes".
- Download the Ghost ZIP file from the official Ghost website.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file and locate the "ghost" folder.
- Upload the "ghost" folder to the "themes" directory you created earlier.
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard by visiting your subdomain URL followed by "/wp-admin".
- In the WordPress dashboard, go to "Appearance" and then click on "Themes".
- You should see the Ghost theme listed among the available themes. Click on "Activate" to activate the Ghost theme.
- To configure Ghost, go to "Appearance" and click on "Customize".
- Customize the theme according to your preferences by adjusting various settings, such as colors, fonts, and layout options.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, click on "Save & Publish" to apply the customizations.
- You have successfully installed and configured Ghost on SiteGround. You can now start using Ghost to create and manage your blog.
How to install additional Ghost plugins on SiteGround?
To install additional Ghost plugins on SiteGround, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your SiteGround account and navigate to the cPanel dashboard.
- Scroll down to the section titled "Autoinstallers" and click on "Ghost" under the "Softaculous Apps Installer" section.
- On the Ghost installation page, click on the "Install" button. You'll be prompted to select your domain and input the necessary installation details such as the site name, admin username, and password. Complete the required information before proceeding.
- Once the installation is complete, you'll be able to access the Ghost CMS through your chosen domain URL. Log in to the Ghost admin dashboard.
- From the Ghost admin dashboard, click on the "Settings" icon (gear icon) located at the bottom left corner.
- In the "Settings" menu, click on "Design" to go to the design settings.
- Under the "Design" settings, click on the "Upload a theme" button to install a new theme. You can either upload a theme file from your local computer or provide the URL for the theme if it is hosted elsewhere.
- After uploading the theme, go back to the "Design" settings page, and click on the "Upload a theme" button. This time, click on the "Upload a zip" button to install a new plugin. Again, you have the option to either upload the plugin from your local computer or provide the URL if it is hosted elsewhere.
- After uploading the plugin, go back to the Ghost admin dashboard and click on the "Settings" icon again.
- Under the "Settings" menu, click on "Labs" to access the experimental features. Here, you can enable or disable any installed plugins.
That's it! You have successfully installed and enabled additional Ghost plugins on SiteGround. You can now customize your Ghost website using the installed plugins.
How to configure custom domain settings for a Ghost site on SiteGround?
To configure custom domain settings for a Ghost site on SiteGround, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Purchase a Domain: First, you need to purchase a domain name from a domain registrar of your choice. SiteGround also offers domain registration if you prefer to keep everything in one place.
- Add the Domain to SiteGround: Once you have your domain, log in to your SiteGround account and navigate to "Websites" > "Site Tools" for the relevant website. Then, go to the "Site" tab and click on "Domain Manager." From there, click on the "Add Domain" button and enter your domain name.
- Configure DNS Settings: After adding your domain to SiteGround, you'll need to configure the DNS settings to point your domain to your Ghost site. In the SiteGround Domain Manager, click on the gear icon next to your domain and select "Manage DNS." Here, you will see various DNS record types like A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, etc. First, make sure there's an A record for your domain pointing to the IP address of your SiteGround server. You can check this by going to the "Site Tools" section for your website and navigating to "Site" > "IP Address." Next, you need to add a CNAME (Canonical Name) record to point your subdomain (e.g., www) to your Ghost site. Create a new CNAME record and enter the Alias (subdomain) and Destination field. The Destination should be your Ghost site's URL or IP address.
- Configure Ghost Site Settings: Once the DNS settings are updated, log in to your Ghost admin interface. On your Ghost dashboard, go to "Settings" > "General" and under the "Site URL" section, enter your custom domain (e.g., https://www.example.com). Save the settings.
- Force HTTPS (optional): If you want to enable HTTPS for your Ghost site, go to the "HTTPS" section in your SiteGround control panel and follow the instructions to obtain an SSL certificate. Then, go back to your Ghost admin interface and update the "Site URL" to use HTTPS.
- Wait for DNS Propagation: DNS changes can take some time to propagate globally. It typically takes a few hours but can sometimes take up to 48 hours. During this time, your domain may not be accessible consistently.
That's it! You have now configured your custom domain settings for your Ghost site on SiteGround. It may take some time for the changes to take effect, so be patient and keep checking your domain periodically.
How to install Ghost on SiteGround?
To install Ghost on SiteGround, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your SiteGround account and go to the cPanel.
- Scroll down to the "Autoinstallers" section and click on the "WordPress Installer" icon.
- On the WordPress Installer page, click on the "Install" tab.
- Fill in the following information: Choose Protocol: Select the appropriate protocol (http:// or https://) for your website. Choose Domain: Select the domain where you want to install Ghost. In Directory: Leave this field empty if you want Ghost to be installed on the main domain, or enter a directory name if you want it to be installed in a subdirectory. Site Name: Enter the name of your Ghost site. Site Description: Provide a brief description of your site.
- Scroll down to the "Advanced Options" section and click on it. Here, you can set up your Ghost admin username, password, and email.
- Scroll down to the "Select Theme" section and choose a theme for your Ghost site. You can either select one of the available themes or proceed with the default theme and change it later.
- Scroll down to the "Select Plugins" section and choose any desired plugins for your Ghost site. You can also skip this step and install plugins later from Ghost's admin panel.
- Once you have filled in all the necessary information and made your selections, click on the "Install" button at the bottom of the page.
- The installer will now set up Ghost on your SiteGround hosting account. Once the installation is complete, you will see a confirmation message with a link to your Ghost site's admin panel.
- Click on the provided link to access the Ghost admin panel. Here, you can customize your site, create posts, and manage your content.
That's it! You have successfully installed Ghost on SiteGround. You can now start building your website using the Ghost platform.