To install CyberPanel on a VPS (Virtual Private Server), follow these steps:
- Login to your VPS: Log in to your VPS using SSH (Secure Shell) with root access.
- Update the system: Run the command yum update to update the system packages. This ensures that you have the latest updates and security patches.
- Install the necessary dependencies: Before installing CyberPanel, you need to install some dependencies. Run the following commands one by one: yum install wget (to install wget package) yum install screen (to install screen package) yum install python3 libicu-devel python3-devel -y (to install Python related packages)
- Download the installer: Download the CyberPanel installer using this wget command: wget https://cyberpanel.net/install.tar.gz
- Extract the downloaded file: Use the following command to extract the installer: tar zxf install.tar.gz
- Navigate to the installer directory: Move to the extracted directory using the following command: cd install
- Run the installer: Execute the installer with the following command: sh install.sh
- Follow the installation prompts: The installer will guide you through the installation process. It will ask for various configurations like the server IP, OpenLiteSpeed port, MySQL root password, etc. Provide the required information according to your preference.
- Wait for the installation to complete: Once you provide all the necessary information, the installer will install CyberPanel and its components. This might take a few minutes.
- Access CyberPanel: After the installation completes, you can access CyberPanel by visiting your server's IP address on a web browser. For example, if your server IP is 126.96.36.199, visit: http://188.8.131.52:8090
That's it! You have successfully installed CyberPanel on your VPS. You can now log in to the CyberPanel dashboard and start managing your websites and server resources.
What are the benefits of using CyberPanel on a VPS?
There are several benefits of using CyberPanel on a VPS:
- Easy Installation: CyberPanel can be easily installed on a VPS within a few minutes. The installation process is straightforward and does not require advanced technical knowledge.
- User-Friendly Interface: CyberPanel provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to manage and control various aspects of your VPS, such as domains, emails, databases, and file management. The intuitive interface allows even beginners to efficiently navigate and manage their server.
- Fast and Lightweight: CyberPanel is designed to be fast and lightweight, consuming minimal system resources. It uses a minimal memory footprint, ensuring that your VPS can handle higher traffic loads without slowing down.
- Integrated Security Measures: CyberPanel includes built-in security features such as automatic firewalls, FTP/SFTP lockdowns, and brute force protection. These measures enhance the security of your VPS and protect it from common cyber threats.
- One-Click Application Installations: CyberPanel allows you to quickly deploy popular web applications, such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, with just a single click. This saves time and effort in manually setting up and configuring these applications.
- Email Management: CyberPanel comes with an integrated email management system that allows you to create and manage unlimited email accounts for your domains. It provides a web-based interface for accessing emails and supports other email-related features like forwarding, auto-responders, and spam filtering.
- Resource Usage Monitoring: CyberPanel provides detailed statistics and monitoring tools to help you keep track of resource usage on your VPS. This allows you to optimize the performance and ensure that your server is running smoothly.
- Cost-Effective Solution: CyberPanel is an open-source software, which means it is free to use. Using CyberPanel on a VPS can be a cost-effective solution compared to proprietary control panels that require paid licenses.
Overall, CyberPanel offers a user-friendly, lightweight, and secure control panel solution for managing your VPS, making it a popular choice among users who want a hassle-free server management experience.
What is the process of adding additional domains to CyberPanel on a VPS?
To add additional domains to CyberPanel on a VPS, you can follow these steps:
- Connect to your VPS: Log in to your VPS using SSH.
- Install CyberPanel: If you haven't already installed CyberPanel, you need to do so. You can refer to the CyberPanel documentation for the installation process.
- Access the CyberPanel control panel: Once you have installed CyberPanel, open your web browser and navigate to http://:8090. This will take you to the CyberPanel control panel.
- Log in to CyberPanel: Enter your username and password to log in to the CyberPanel control panel.
- Add a new domain: In the CyberPanel control panel, navigate to "Websites" -> "Create Website". Here, you can specify the domain name, username, password, and other details for the new domain. Make sure to select the appropriate settings and features you want for the domain.
- Set up DNS: After adding the new domain, you need to set up DNS records to point the domain to your VPS. You can either use the default nameservers provided by your hosting provider or set up custom nameservers if you have your own DNS server. You can manage DNS settings within CyberPanels' "DNS Manager" section.
- Update domain settings: Depending on your requirements, you may need to update various domain settings such as email accounts, SSL certificates, and PHP settings. You can manage these settings from the CyberPanel control panel.
- Upload website files: If you want to host a website on the new domain, you need to upload the website files to the appropriate directory on your VPS. Typically, the web files are stored in the public_html directory, but this can vary depending on your setup.
- Test the new domain: Once you have completed all the necessary steps, you can access the new domain in a web browser to test if it's working correctly. If you encounter any issues, you can refer to the CyberPanel documentation or seek support from the CyberPanel community.
By following these steps, you should be able to add additional domains to CyberPanel on your VPS.
What are the system requirements for installing CyberPanel on a VPS?
The system requirements for installing CyberPanel on a VPS are as follows:
- Operating System: Linux (CentOS 7.x or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
- CPU: At least 1 Core
- RAM: Minimum 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
- Disk Space: Minimum 10 GB (20 GB recommended)
- Python: Python 2.7 or Python 3.x
- Database: MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB 10.x
- Control Panel: None required
- Open Ports: 8090 (for accessing the CyberPanel dashboard)
These are the basic requirements for installing CyberPanel. However, depending on your specific usage and website requirements, additional resources like CPU cores, RAM, and disk space may be needed.
How to install and configure additional modules in CyberPanel on a VPS?
To install and configure additional modules in CyberPanel on a VPS, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your VPS as the root user using SSH.
- Update the system packages by running the command: yum update
- Install the desired module using the following command, replacing module-name with the actual name of the module: yum install module-name
- Once the module is installed, you need to configure it. The configuration steps vary depending on the module you installed. Refer to the module's documentation for specific instructions on how to configure it.
- After configuring the module, restart the CyberPanel service to apply the changes by running the command: systemctl restart lscpd
- Verify that the module is working as expected.
Note: CyberPanel is a powerful control panel that supports various modules for different purposes. To install specific modules, you need to know the modules you want to configure on your VPS.
How to enable and manage WordPress installations in CyberPanel on a VPS?
To enable and manage WordPress installations in CyberPanel on a VPS, follow these steps:
- Install CyberPanel on your VPS: Connect to your VPS via SSH, then run the following command: sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -O - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh ) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Access the CyberPanel web interface: Open your web browser and visit http://:8090. Login with the default username admin and the password you set during the installation.
- Add a website to CyberPanel: Once logged in, click on the "Websites" tab on the left sidebar. Click on the "Create Website" button. Fill in the required details like Domain Name, IP Address, Package, etc. Select "WordPress" as the website type. Click on the "Create Website" button to finish setting up the website.
- Configure your WordPress installation: After creating the website, navigate to the "List Websites" tab and find your website. Click on the "Manage" button next to it. In the website management interface, click on the "WordPress" button under "Website Functions". Fill in the required details, including WordPress Admin user, email, and password. Click on the "Install" button to complete the WordPress setup.
- Manage your WordPress installation: To access the WordPress admin dashboard, go to http://your-domain/wp-admin. Login using the username and password you specified during the installation. From there, you can customize and manage your WordPress site using the WordPress admin interface.
You can repeat the above steps to enable and manage multiple WordPress installations in CyberPanel on your VPS.